Thursday, October 19, 2006

PLO8 on stars

-
Quote of the day: "There are alot of old Joes in this world, but not alot of old Kevins" Joe from the corner deli back in Queens


I posted an interesting AA hand the other day on PSO which I got a lot of feedback from. It’s always fun to exchange ideas with guys there.

The PSO league has been fun again, though my results have not been as good as the last league. I probably sit somewhere around 30-40th place 5 events into it. Last night I finished 23rd and my best result so far is 13th. It seems to me that Absolute has changed their blind structure or changed the amount of time for the blinds, because there is not nearly as much play as their was last league. It becomes an all-in fest much sooner than a poker tournament should and takes away the play and much of the skill. The league has become mostly a preflop game now after the first 90 minutes or so, and I think that takes away too much from the game.

Online, I’ve switched over to playing a bit at Pokerstars and going to try Full Tilt this week. Mostly I’ve been playing the $100 buy-in PLO8 games and some n/l S&Gs. I have a lot of LO8 experience but not as much PLO8 but I think that the game is very beatable. I did well last night in about 1 ½ hours I ran both my stacks up over $250 but lost a big pot on a flop of 2c3cJs when I held Ac5cAd2s and got $120 all-in on the flop (he bet pot, I raised pot, he went all in) against a guy with a set of 3s, no clubs, and no low draw. The turn/river came TT. I scoop the pot with any ace, four, or club (except Jc) and split with a 6,7,or 8. I guess I also coulda scooped with running 55, 22, or JJ too. If anyone is sophisticated to do the math on that please let me know. I think I was a decent favorite on that flop against a set of 3s, plus fold equity. My pot raise made him either commit to the pot or fold. I didn’t like the prospects of calling since a bad turn card I may not be able to call a pot sized bet, and a club I don’t think he pays me off. Personally, I don’t think I would have called a big raise with 33 there. Any PLO8 guys to weight in on this?

1 Comments:

Blogger murf72 said...

Does it involve me taking my clothes off?

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home