Monday, January 29, 2007

Another MTT win

"My idea of a diet is eating thin-crust pizza" Melinda


Took down a $10 n/l rebuy last night on Absolute; about 120 players and first place was $1120. There were two key hands that catapulted me into the chip lead.

With blinds 300/600 and a 50 ante, I had AA utg with 20K chips (about average chip count) on a very aggressive table and decided to try for a limp/re-raise. One player limped behind me and the button raised to 3000. I made it 8400 to go and the button called, so I figured he had to have a hand. Flop was 227 and I wanted all his chips. If he had a pair he was felting here no matter what, but if not I think that’s a dream flop for a weak-lead type play and I made a ridiculous bet of 1200 into a 18K pot and he raised me all-in with JJ and I held up.

A little while later, with blinds 400/800 (75 ante), the table had tightened a little and I picked up 88 with 37K chips in late position. There were 2 limpers and I contemplated a raise here but elected to go for set value and just call. Flop came A98 and I was just hoping there was an ace out there. The first limper (36K chips) bet out 800 into the 4K pot and I made it 3200. He re-popped to 11K and I elected to flat call. Turn was a 5 and he quickly pushed 23K into the pot and showed an A8 when I called. We were the two biggest stacks at the table and it made me an overwhelming overall chip leader with around 40 players left.

I maintained a chip lead by stealing blinds through the bubble and final 2 tables. Three times I got an opponent all in when I was a 60/40 dog, but I lost all three and entered the final table 3rd in chips. I think I played well at the FT, picking my spots nicely and when we got 3 handed I was fortunate to get a nice suck-out when my all-in bet was called after the flop with A2 against AK on a 344 flop and I turned a 2. Shortly after I was heads up with a 3-1 chip lead and took it down when my K9 flopped 986 and got all-in against his KT.


3 Comments:

Blogger actyper said...

NJ on your recent MTT success. Keep playing while your running goood!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Riverrun said...

Veeryy Niiicce!!!

Keep it up so you have enough to dump back to me in the PSO cash game. Trust me I need it!

6:02 PM  
Blogger murf72 said...

Thanks, fellas.

I'll certainly save some to dump back to you guys in the PSO game!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home