Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Palms

“There is always hope, hope that we’ll stop killing each other, and that someday we’ll all live together in peace on this planet,” Klaus Meine from Scorpions during the introduction of Wind of Change

Poker 2007 is off to a rough start for me. I haven’t had a losing month for almost 3 years, but that trend is in jeopardy. I’ve had a very bad run and admit to having lost some confidence. Confidence is such an important part of this game. Personally, it turns me weak tight where I’m afraid anytime I’m raised. I’m letting go of solid hands anytime I’m raised on the flop, and calling with hands I know I’m likely beaten in when the pot is bloated. Anybody out there on the confidence rebuilding team?

I heard about The Palms is having a $1 million freeroll, details are still sketchy but it seems the qualifications are 300-500 hours (300 gets you in, 500 gets you the maximum starting chips) between now and June 31. I hear they have a television deal to go along with it and are reserving the right to invite up to 30 players who don’t qualify with enough hours. That’s a lot of hours to commit, but I might give it a go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Riverrun said...

great new look!! I like it 5000% better than the other look. This might be my first losing month ever too. I race you to get unstuck!

8:53 AM  
Blogger murf72 said...

5000% wow! Was it the pink? They told me it was Rose!

I'm quite unstuck. Now it's your turn!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home