Monday, January 29, 2007

back-to-back MTT wins

"Confidence is contagious" Vince Lombardi

Just a brief follow-up to yesterday, I played the same MTT as last night (Absolute 8:30 $10 rebuy) and would you know I actually won it again! I can't remember ever winning back-to-back MTT's. Tonight was 146 players and I took down $1326.

I can only remember 2 hands right now. At the final table, I was chip leader and had 99 and layed it down on a 763 rainbow board against the other biggest stack who raised preflop and bet enough to commit himself on the flop. I felt he had an overpair for sure and when he showed me TT I was really happy. Later, when we were 3 handed, I had a stack of around 560K, the short stack was down to 80K, and the other player with a 180K stack minraised to 40K from the button. I pushed A6 expecting him to fold many holdings here (he had minraised/folded several times) but he called with AT. Board came 345J2 and I was heads up with an 8-1 chip lead. I blew the chip lead and was down 3-1, but then came back to win.

I actually played 4 MTT's both last night and tonight. I final tabled the 2K guaranteed $24+2 Razz on Fulltilt tonight and the $20 HORSE last night on Absolute. In 8 MTT's over the last 2 nights I won 2, final-tabled 4, and ITM'd 6 of them. My confidence seems to be back up. Now I just need some Zen perspective to remind me to bring the ego back down :)

3 Comments:

Blogger actyper said...

Waiting for an update!!! Last I heard you were still in it late last night going for a 3peat.

6:13 AM  
Blogger murf72 said...

Thanks for the interest, actyper. I did go deep and ITM but was bounced out 11th place.

I had a slightly below avg stack, raised an AQ from mid-position, was reraised all-in from a loose-aggressive big stack in the BB and called. He showed 55 and I lost the flip. If I won I would have probably been around 4th in chips with 11 left.

I'm gonna probably play again tonight, come on by and sign up.

10:09 AM  
Blogger actyper said...

Not playing tonight, would have yesterday. Probably try it out on friday.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home