Sunday, February 04, 2007

Can I get a little sympathy, please?

“When you get all tangled up, you just tango on” Lt. Colonel Frank Slade

So after receiving an abundance of bad beats in live n/l games in early January, including two one-outers and several two-outers in very large pots, I hibernated into cyber-poker for most of the rest of the month. Saturday night I went back to see if the live tables had missed me.

$1/2 n/l at the MGM, I come in to what seems like a pretty live game and wait 2 hands to post. My very first hand, I get AA. One player limps and a young kid makes it $15 from the button; perfect spot for a new guy at an aggressive table. I make it $45. Limper folds and button calls with a “don’t try to bully me, new guy” glare. Flop comes A95, I try for the weak lead and bet out $20, he bites and makes it $60 and I push all-in the rest of my $200. If he folds, I’ve set up exactly the image I can use to my advantage. Instead he insta-calls and I show him the AAA and he disgustingly shows a set of 5s. Turn pairs the 9, river is a 5. I rebuy.

Welcome back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Curatio said...

Man, that sucks! I'm hoping you will tell us it was just a loan, and you won it all back later that night. I mean, only a donkey would call a re-raise like that with just 55.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home