Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Stud h/l

"That was the song that put me in the middle of the road. Travelling there soon became a bore, so I headed for the ditch. A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there" Neil Young when asked about Heart of Gold

On Sunday I played in the Stud h/l event at Binion’s and for the 4th time in 5 tourneys there I got about 2/3 through the field and then busted. I was doing well and ran my 5000 starting stack to about 12,000 with a 7 low and aces up hand and a rolled Kings (with a King out) where I filled up against a flush and three sevens. Then I took a sick beat when my Aces up and 6 low lost the whole pot to a wheel. Then, after looking for a hand to play, I opened with (A3) 3 on a table that had become very tight at the 600/1200 level but got a caller and a reraise from a 4 showing. I caught an ace and fired, again was called by the K-T suited and raised by the 4-6. A strange raise from probably the best player on the table, even if he had a 3-5 underneath he’d be concerned. I though maybe rolled fours. I reraised to see his reaction and maybe force out the flush draw. But the K-T called and the 4 reraised again. When he caught a Ten on fifth street and me a seven, there was no dought he had 4-4 underneath. But I called fifth street with four outs plus I could catch 2 runners for a low. But he paired the 6 on sixth street and I caught high and folded knowing 2 just outs remained.

With the antes 100 I had only 1400 left, and needed to play soon. I wound up thinking putting my chips in the pot with a 24J and made nothing. But I did get home almost in time to see the entire Sopranos finale.

I’m going back to cash games this week, though I will probably play the PLO at Binion’s on Wednesday
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sopranos finale sucked bigtime

9:31 PM  
Blogger murf72 said...

Yeah, kinda left you wanting more.

I guess we can just figure The Sopranos will go on without us watching. Leaves them open for marketing opportunities in the future, too. I can't see the show without Sylvio, he was my favorite character!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home